David C. Roberts, a Member of the firm, devotes his practice to handling complex commercial litigation matters, such as fraud, fraudulent transfers, trade secret, restrictive covenant litigation, employment litigation, environmental matters, and insurance coverage litigation.
His practice has a particular emphasis on partnership and shareholder disputes, including oppression and dissenter’s rights cases, with a focus on attempting to resolve matters through mediation, if such an approach fits within client’s goals and objectives. In 2007, Dave launched the Shareholder Dispute NJ blog, which addresses minority shareholder disputes in New Jersey. In addition, he writes and lectures extensively on this topic.
Dave has tried several cases involving these and other issues. He also has extensive appellate experience. In the area of employment litigation, Dave has handled cases on discrimination and sexual harassment, including multiple cases involving same-sex sexual harassment, as well as wage and hour claims.
Dave has represented a number of notable clients in a variety of industries, including ICAP Financial Services. He also serves as outside general counsel to TIFA International (aquaculture industry) and Old Bridge Chemicals and Madison Industries (animal feed additive industry).
Additionally, Dave is one of the founders and a former Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of the Monmouth Beach Education Foundation and is a current member of the Monmouth Beach Board of Education.
- Overcome Your Nagging Doubts About Business Divorce Litigation
- How To Prepare For Retaliation From Filing Business Divorce Litigation
- It’s Never Too Late to Gain Allies in Business Divorce Litigation
- Minority Shareholder Oppression Damages in New Jersey: More Than Just a Buyout?
- Trust But Verify Regarding Financial Information
- “The Pros and Cons of Arbitration,” Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Bridgewater, New Jersey, November 11, 2015
- “The Good, Bad & Ugly of a Business Divorce,” Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Bridgewater, New Jersey, April 16, 2015
- “Hidden Danagers of Representing Multi-Owner Businesses: Legal Pitfalls Accountants Must Avoid,” Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Bridgewater, New Jersey, October 27, 2010