Dolores A. Laputka, a Member of the firm, Chair of the Business Law Group, and Vice Chair of the Taxation Group, focuses her practice primarily on tax-related matters, whether connected to a family’s closely-held business or to estate planning for one of the principals. Dolores is also a Certified Public Accountant, which enables her to handle complex business and tax-related matters for corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships, as well as succession planning and financial and estate planning for families and executives at all levels. She also devotes a significant portion of her practice to tax issues for not-for-profit organizations, including charitable giving techniques maximizing the income and death tax benefits.
She has handled multi-dimensional transactions, applying tax-efficient methodology to the buying and selling of family businesses, inter-relation of succession planning, and estate planning for closely held businesses, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions, management of privacy issues surrounding significant lottery winnings, and more.
Dolores especially enjoys management and consulting with the nonpublic business owner in all aspects of the legal and business environment “from cradle to grave.”
Since moving to the Lehigh Valley in 1990, Dolores has been involved in many community organizations in positions such as general counsel and past chair of the Board of Directors of the United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley; member of the Board of Directors, secretary, and chairman of the Allentown Art Museum of the Lehigh Valley; past president of the Allentown Rotary Club; and past board member of the Lehigh County Community College Foundation. When not working, she enjoys sailing on the Chesapeake or “playing at” golf.
The Morning Call
- “Allentown Art Museum to put ‘big reveal’ on display,” October 16, 2017
- “Linny Award winners announced by ArtsQuest,” July 20, 2017
Lehigh Valley Business
- “Strong collaboration comes down to open communication,” August 14, 2017
- “Death of owner puts businesses without a plan in danger,” November 30, 2015
- “Charitable Client Conversations: A Case Study Approach,” Center Valley, PA, January 22, 2015
- “Strategically Positioning Clients to Acquire or Sell a Business,” Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Allentown, PA, June 14, 2012
- “2011 Estate/Gift Tax Changes: Implications to Estate Plans,” Allentown, PA, January 26, 2011
- “2011 Estate/Gift Tax Changes: Implications to Estate Plans,” Allentown, PA, January 27, 2011
- Quoted, “Experts: Cutting U.S. corporate tax will stop companies from fleeing,” Lehigh Valley Business, November 17, 2014
- “Corporate Compliance Scam,” Business Law Alert, March 2013
- “Know Where Your Money Is Going Before You Donate to Non-Profit Organizations,” The Express-Times, October 9, 2011
- “The Soft Side of Philanthropy: What Does the Future Hold?” Lehigh Valley Woman, August/September 2011
- “2010 SUITS Award Winners Show Professional Excellence,” Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal, March 15, 2010