Lauren L. Sorrentino is a Member of the firm and Chair of the Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Pennsylvania Family Law Practice, which was voted Best of the Valley 2013.
She focuses her practice on matrimonial and family law, including divorce, equitable distribution, alimony, prenuptial and property settlement agreements, child support, child custody, and protection from abuse.
Lauren has been named one of the “10 Best Attorneys” for two years in a row by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys and is listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the Family Law section. In 2014, Lauren was named a Top 10 Family Law Attorney under 40 in Pennsylvania by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys. Since 2008, she has been recognized as a “Pennsylvania Rising Star” by Philadelphia Magazine, a distinction for lawyers aged 40 and under who have been practicing fewer than 10 years, and reserved for no more than 2.5% of all lawyers in Pennsylvania. She was selected as a class member of the 2011-2012 Pennsylvania Bar Leadership Institute and is a graduate of Leadership Lehigh Valley. In 2008, she was selected as one of Pennsylvania’s “Lawyers on the Fast Track” by the Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly.
Lauren is actively involved in the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Family Law Section and is a former Council Member of the Section. She is a former member of the Section’s Rules Committee and Programming Committee. Lauren is actively involved in the Family Law Committees of the Bar Association of Lehigh County and the Northampton County Bar Association. She previously served on the Executive Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Family Law Section and co-chaired the Section’s Domestic Violence Committee. A top Lehigh Valley Lawyer, she has published articles on a variety of family law topics and has served as a panelist at family law educational programs.
Lauren has also been recognized for her commitment to public service and was a 2007 recipient of the Pro Bono Award given by the Pennsylvania Bar Association. She is a member of the Board of Associates of Lehigh Valley Hospital. Prior to entering private practice, Lauren was an Independence Foundation Fellow and staff attorney at the Women’s Law Project in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Divorces and Closely Held Businesses: Myths and Maxims
- The Faces of Matrimonial & Family Law
- Death: An additional obstacle in divorce proceedings
- New Revenue Ruling Provides Uniformity for Lawfully Married Same-Sex Couples
- Navigating the Complexities of Divorce through the Partnership of Legal and Financial Advisors
- “Divorces and closely held businesses: Myths and maxims,” Lehigh Valley Business, August 14, 2017
- “Navigating the Complexities of Divorce through the Partnership of Legal and Financial Advisors,” Co-Author, Journal of Financial Service Professionals, January 2013
- “Shareholder Agreements: Key to Protecting Business Ownership Interests,” Lehigh Valley Woman, December 2012/January 2013
- “Payment Bundling: Another Value-Based Reimbursement Tool under the ACA,” MD News, November/December 2012
- “Maternal Grandmother Lacked Standing For Primary Custody Complaint,” The Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, March 2012
- “Pennsylvania’s Protection from Abuse Act: Three Decades of Practice and Procedure,” The Pennsylvania Bar Association Quarterly, January 2007
- “After Denial, Acceptance? New Issues Loom on Grandparent Visitation Statute in Wake of Fausey v. Hiller,” Pennsylvania Law Weekly, April 23, 2007
- “Preventing Family Violence: Pennsylvania’s Protection From Abuse Act Continues to Evolve with New Amendments,” The Philadelphia Lawyer, Fall 2006
- “Confrontation in Court (and at Home): The U.S. Supreme Court is Refining Hearsay Standards in Domestic Violence Cases,” Pennsylvania Law Weekly, August 7, 2006
- “Jurisdictional Roulette in Gestational Surrogacy: Latest Superior Court Case Raises Red Flags for Lawyers Drafting Surrogacy Agreements,” Pennsylvania Law Weekly, May 1, 2006
- “A Watershed Year: In 2005, Several Legal Developments Affected Victims of Domestic Abuse in Pa.,” Pennsylvania Law Weekly, November 28, 2005
- “Domestic Violence and Welfare Benefits: A Manual for Advocates,” Co-Author, Pa. Coalition Against Domestic Violence, 2003
- “Symposium 2001 In Critical Condition: The State of Women’s Health and Access to Care, Morning Panel: Recent Trends and Policy Developments at State and National Levels,” 17 BERKELEY WOMEN’S L.J. 209, 200
- “Effects of Whitewood on Same Sex Couples in Pennsylvania,” June 14, 2015
- “Family Law Institute,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, April 17, 2014
- “Protection from Abuse,” Allentown, PA, May 8, 2013
- “What Everyone Should Know About Child Support,” Bar Association of Lehigh County, January 23, 2013
- “A New Era of Women and Financial Planning,” Mack Auditorium, November 13, 2012
- “The Family Lawyer’s Discovery Tool Kit,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, October 11, 2011
- “Case Law Updates, Equitable Distribution,” Pennsylvania Bar Association/Pennsylvania Bar Institute, July 10, 2011
- “Case Law Updates, Support,” Pennsylvania Bar Association/Pennsylvania Bar Institute, January 18, 2009