The attorneys of the Pennsylvania office of Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A., provide a wide variety of economic development strategic, legal, and advocacy services to our clients including private companies, 501(c)(3) non-profit companies, developers, and municipal governments and authorities. Our attorneys possess unique breadth and depth of experience in working with Lehigh and Northampton County administrations, the cities of Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as their economic development departments, to lead financings, public-private partnerships, and strategic planning for a wide variety of transformative projects throughout the Lehigh Valley.
Our economic development services include:
- Contract Negotiation
- Land Development
- Land Use and Zoning
- Public and Private Financing
- Transportation Planning with PennDot
- State and Federal Courts
- Environmental Services
- Creation of Public-Private Partnerships
- Public Authorities and Joint Ventures Representation and Planning
- State and Federal Advocacy on Special Projects
- Legal Entity Formation
- Bond Counsel Services for Private and Non-Profit Companies
- Exploratory Development Services and Consulting
In addition to the services listed above, our attorneys have significant experience with the establishment of leadership summits focused on projects and initiatives impacting the Lehigh Valley.
Our organizational representative Solicitorships include:
- Bethlehem Economic Development Corporation
- Easton Parking Authority
- Northampton County Gaming Revenue and Economic Redevelopment Authority
- Northampton County Higher Education Authority
- Lehigh Valley Regional Loan Pool
- Lehigh’s Economic Advancement Project
- Lehigh County Industrial Development Authority
- Northampton County New Jobs Corporation
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Northampton County General Purpose Authority
Our attorneys serve on the boards of local and regional economic development organizations such as the Greater Easton Development Partnership.
We provide special counsel legal services to the Easton Redevelopment Authority, Lehigh Valley Industrial Park, Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation and Lehigh Valley Land Recycling Initiative.
Some representative projects include the 25th Street Palmer Tax Increment Financing (TIF), the Easton Intermodal and City Hall Project (located on 3rd Street), Bethlehem Tech Centers, TIF projects including Martin Tower, Hillwood I-78 and 863, the Route 33 Chrin interchange project at Route 33 and Tatamy Road in Palmer Township, Pennsylvania, Ruckus Brewing redevelopment project in the Neuweiler Brewery, City Center real estate and development work in downtown Allentown, and Bethlehem Economic Development Corporation’s (BEDCO) Partnership for Innovation at Cantelmi’s Hardware in South Bethlehem. We serve as special counsel to Easton’s Redevelopment Authority regarding the Silk Mill Complex. Our firm has handled tax-exempt financings for Cetronia Ambulance Corp. and the Da Vinci Science Center.
Our Economic Development Attorneys are members of Pennsylvania Economic Development Association, Urban Land Institute, Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation, and the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce.