Michael G. DeRose
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rutgers School of Law - Newark
- J.D., 2006
- Rutgers University - Rutgers College
- B.A., Highest Honors, 2003
- "Recent New Jersey Tax Court Decision Opens the Door to Potential Transfer Tax Savings on Real Property Transfers," Tax Law Alert, July 2010
- Quoted, "IRS Issues Guidance on Compliance with Section 409A Requirements Applicable to Deferred Compensation Plans of Hedge Fund Managers," The Hedge Fund Law Report, January 20, 2010
- "PPACA Reforms That Will Impact Private Health Insurance," Caruso Benefits Group, Inc., Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, September 28, 2010
- "Health Insurance Reforms That Will Impact Private Health Insurance/Plan-Related Health Insurace Reform Provisions," Besler Consulting, Princeton, New Jersey, September 17, 2010
Michael G. DeRose, an associate with the firm, focuses his practice on employee benefits and executive compensation.
Michael has a broad based ERISA practice, representing a wide range of clients, including public and private companies and funds, in connection with retirement plan, executive compensation, corporate transaction and employment issues.
He drafts, negotiates and implements nonqualified deferred compensation plans, equity incentive plans, employment and severance agreements and investment management agreements. He drafts equity grant agreements, including stock option and restricted stock grants, and structures profits interests agreements.
Michael advises clients on issues related to defined contribution and defined benefit plans and designs amendments for such plans. He provides guidance on ERISA fiduciary and prohibited transaction matters. He also has experience in monitoring health and welfare benefits arrangements.
Michael performs due diligence and counsels clients, as purchasers, sellers and investors, on employee benefits and executive compensation issues in connection with corporate transactions. He drafts and negotiates ERISA provisions of asset, stock, note and membership interest purchase agreements.