James J. Shrager
direct dial: (908) 252-4139
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- Electronic Discovery ("E-Discovery")
- Health Care
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit
- Seventh Circuit
- U.S Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- Yale Law School
- LL.B., 1965
- Amherst College
- B.A., 1962
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Somerset County Bar Association
- Thirty-One Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers
- Thirty-Two Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers
- Twenty-Seven Norris McLaughlin Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
- “Why Your Business May Be At Risk...Seven misconceptions businesses have about electronically stored information, the electronic discovery amendments to federal and state court rules, and the direct impact these issues have on a business,” The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, June 2008
- " The First Step To Meeting The E-Discovery Challenge? Have A Document Mamnagement Protocol In Place And Comply With It!," The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, November 2007
- " E-Dicovery Rule Amendments: Have They Created The Need For You To Learn A New Language?," Norris Mclaughlin & Marcus Business Practices Alert, October, 2007
- " Why your business may be at risk: Seven misconceptions businesses have about electronically stored information and the direct impact this issue has on businesses," Norris Mclaughlin & Marcus Business Practices Alert, June, 2007
- E-Discovery's Impact on New Jersey Courts: What to Expect and How to Prepare," The Judicial College of the Administrative Office of the Courts, New Jersey Superior Court, November 20, 2007
- "E-Discovery: Is Your Business Ready To Navigate Through The Minefield?," HalfMoon Seminar, November 1, 2007
- "E-Discovery Federal and State Rule Amendments: What To Expect and How To Prepare," Construction Law Section Meeting, New Jersey State Bar Association, October 17, 2007
- E-Discovery; Is Your Business REady to Navigate Through The Minefield?, " Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Seminar, September 19, 2007
James J. Shrager, a member of the firm, concentrates his practice in commercial litigation, and health care law.
With over thirty years of experience in commercial litigation, Jim has regularly appeared in various state and federal courts in New Jersey and has argued before a variety of state and federal agencies. He has also handled complex cases relating to commercial matters ranging from antitrust to zoning litigation with an emphasis on business torts and contract disputes. Jim has served on New Jersey Supreme Court committees and was a panelist on continuing legal education programs concerning complex litigation.
Jim co-chairs the firm’s Response to Electronic Discovery and Information (“REDI”) Group, an interdisciplinary team that helps clients with the identification, preservation, collection, review, and production of massive amounts of electronically stored information required by new federal and state court rules.
In addition to commercial litigation, Jim also practices in the firm’s health care law department. His clients include doctors, hospitals and their affiliated corporations, hospital medical staffs, nursing homes, and other providers of health care services. Jim regularly handles health care litigation and a variety of other health care matters.
Jim is listed in the current issue of The Best Lawyers In America in the Commercial Litigation section and the New Jersey Super Lawyers in the Business Litigation section.