Gary N. Marks
direct dial: (908) 252-4225
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit
- Rutgers School of Law - Newark
- J.D., 1977
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Rutgers College
- B.A., cum laude, 1974
- Phi Beta Kappa
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Bankruptcy Inn of Court
- Thirty-One Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers
- Gary Marks Speaks on Bankruptcy Preference Claims for Local Business Group
- Thirty-Two Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers
- Twenty-Seven Norris McLaughlin Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Quoted, Saliba, George N., "Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: Corporate Bankruptcy is expensive, but it can yield benefits to an indebted company," New Jersey Business, November 1, 2009
- "When dealer termination and bankruptcy collide" Forkliftaction.com, April 2009
- "A Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Group Hits Its Stride," Interview with The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, December 2007
- "New Life for Bankrupt Projects?," New Jersey Law Journal, June 12, 2006
- "Security Interests in Intellectual Property," Intellectual Property Law Alert, April 2001
- "Bankruptcy Preference Claims: A Trap for the Unwary," Somerset County Business Partnership, Bridgewater, NJ, February 28, 2013
- "Bankruptcy - The Laws,"Continuing Professional Education Program 2009, New Jersey Association of Public Accountants, Kean University, Union, New Jersey, October 27, 2009
- Hot Legal Issues in this Economy for Material Handling & Industrial Equipment Businesses, Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A. Bridgewater, New Jersey, June 16, 2009
- "Strategies to Minimize Damage from Madoff & Other Recent Investment Scandals", Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A., Bridgewater, New Jersey, March 26, 2009
- Bankruptcy Basics, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, New Jersey Law Center, New Brunswick, February 20, 2008
Gary N. Marks, a member of the firm, devotes his practice to bankruptcy law.
Gary has substantial experience in corporate and individual reorganizations and orderly liquidations under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code and New Jersey insolvency laws. As debtor's counsel, he has experience guiding financially distressed companies through the reorganization process by identifying the sources of financial problems, recommending solutions, planning reorganization strategy, interfacing with management on a day-to-day basis and negotiating confirmable plans of reorganization with disparate creditor interests. He also has extensive experience serving as and representing Chapter 11 operating trustees, counseling creditors' committees in significant bankrupcy cases and liquidating companies under the New Jersey ABC law.
Prior to joining Norris McLaughlin, Gary was a partner at Ravin, Greenberg & Marks, P.A. Upon graduating from law school, Gary was Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Joseph G. Barbieri and Honorable Richard P. Muscatello, Superior Court of New Jersey.
He is a frequent lecturer and author on a variety of bankruptcy-related issues.
Gary is included in the Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law section of the current issue of The Best Lawyers In America. He has also been selected for inclusion on list of New Jersey Super Lawyers in the Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights section for the fourth year.