Ira S. Novak
direct dial: (908) 252-4259
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- District of New Jersey
- Columbia Law School
- J.D., 1964
- Columbia College
- B.A., 1961
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Health & Hospital Law Section
- Creditor/ Debtor Relations Section
- Land Use Law Section
- N.J. Federation of Planning Officials
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- Norris McLaughlin Environmental and Health Care Practices Named to Chambers USA 2014
- Thirty-One Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers
- Norris McLaughlin Environmental and Health Care Practices Named to Chambers USA
- Thirty-Two Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers
- Twenty-Nine Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Attorneys Named Among Best Lawyers
- Thirty Norris McLaughlin Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
- "New State Law Confirms and Broadens Required Attorney General and Court Review of New Jersey Non-Profit Hospital Transactions," Health Care Law Alert, November 2000
Ira S. Novak, a member of the firm, currently devotes his practice primarily to health care and hospital law, general business and commercial matters, and real estate matters, including land use and development.
Ira has been General Counsel for Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) since 1976. He has represented RWJUH as well as other hospitals and their affiliates, hospital medical staffs, health care joint venture groups, professional medical practices, and other health care providers on various health care issues including governance, mergers and acquisitions, litigation, regulation and compliance, patient care matters, integration, contracts, joint ventures, real estate and equipment purchases and leasing, Stark, anti-kickback matters, business issues, medical staff matters, and tax-exempt financing matters.
Ira has been recognized by Chambers USA in the Health Care Section. He is also listed in the current issue of The Best Lawyers in America in the Health Care Law section and the New Jersey Super Lawyers in the Health Care section.
Additionally, Ira has handled a broad range of real estate and related matters during his many years in private practice, including land use and land development matters, property leasing and various taxable and tax–exempt financing transactions. Before joining the firm in 1994, Ira was a founding partner of the law firm of Gross and Novak, P.A. Ira served for nine years as Planning Board Attorney for East Brunswick Township, and as special counsel to the State of New Jersey in condemnation matters. His broad experience also includes insolvency matters, construction contracting, property leasing, commercial matters, bank financing and collection matters, and computer law.