Stephen M. Offen
direct dial: (908) 252-4330
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D., 1974
- University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., cum laude, 1971
- American Bar Association
- Business Law and Litigation Sections
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Somerset County Bar Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Rezem Family Associates, LP v. Bourough of Millstone, 423 N.J. Super. 103 (app. Div. 2011), 30 A. 2d 1061
- Riding v. Towne Mills Craft Centre, 166 N.J. 22 (2001)
- Mandell v. Bell Atlantic Nynex Mobile, 315 N.J. Super 273 (Law Div. 1997)
- U.S. Bronze v. Commerce & Industry Ins. Co., et al, 259 N.J. Super 109 (Law Div. 1992), affirmed 293 N.J. Super 12 (App. Div. 1996)
- Nolan v. Control Data Corp., 243 N.J. Super 420, 579 A.2d 1252 (App. Div. 1990)
- In Re Horst Oertel, 167 N.J. Super 557 (App. Div. 1979)
- In Re Grossman, 157 N.J. Super 165 (App. Div. 1978)
- McKenney v. Byrne, 147 N.J. Super 158 (Law Div. 1976)
- U.S. v. Kramer, 19 F.Supp. 2nd 273 (D.N.J. 1998)
Stephen M. Offen, a member of the firm, concentrates his practice on business law, real estate and commercial litigation.
In the area of business law, Steve offers day-to-day counseling on a wide range of legal issues including employment matters, corporate governance, contractual obligations and negotiations, and general business advice. He has represented both buyers and sellers in large, complex corporate transactions.
Steve has particular expertise with regard to real estate issues relating to the telecommunications industry, as well as a general real estate practice including the buying and selling of commercial real estate, leasing matters, land development and zoning approvals.
Steve also has a diverse litigation practice including cases involving employment, insurance coverage, environmental, products liability and commercial disputes. He was certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney. Since 1976, he has been a Borough attorney for the Borough of Millstone in Somerset County.
As an active member of the community, Steve is a member of the Board of Trustees and past President of both the Jewish Federation of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties and the Jewish Family Service, counsel to the Wellness Community of Central New Jersey, a member of the Board of Trustees of the Shimon and Sara Birnbaum Jewish Community Center in Bridgewater, and a member of the ACLU Free Legal Clinic.