G. Robert Marcus
direct dial: (908) 252-4214
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- International Business and Tax Planning
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Devices
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York University School of Law
- LL.M., in Taxation, 1970
- Dickinson School of Law
- J.D., 1969
- Upsala College
- B.A., 1966
- Thirty-One Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers
- Thirty-Two Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers
- Twenty-Seven Norris McLaughlin Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
- "Norris McLaughlin & Marcus: Cost-Effective Solutions to Complex Business Problems," An Interview with G. Robert Marcus, Commerce Magazine, Cover Story, February 2007
- "Membership Agreements Do's and Don'ts," New Jersey Golf Course Owner's Association, Metedeconk National Golf Club, December 1, 2011
- "Strategies to Minimize Damage from Madoff & Other Recent Investment Scandals", Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A., Bridgewater, New Jersey, March 26, 2009
G. Robert Marcus, Managing Partner and Chairman of the firm's Management Committee, concentrates his practice on business law transactions and tax matters.
Bob has over 30 years of experience counseling pharmaceutical, medical device and other technology-oriented clients on a broad range of corporate and tax issues including corporate reorganizations, license agreements, and distribution and supply arrangements.
Additionally, he has played a leading role in many mergers and acquisitions, as well as in a variety of corporate partnerships and joint ventures. He has also been involved in the organization and structure of numerous start-up, mezzanine, and public financings. Bob has conducted due diligence for, analyzed, structured and negotiated more than 300 transactions, including many venture capital and private equity investments, joint ventures, sales and mergers of companies and public offerings. Bob has lectured extensively on many of these issues.
Bob has been on the boards of numerous companies and is currently a principal with Conexus Financial Partners, L.P., which is a private equity partnership that invests in emerging, high-growth companies.
Bob is included in the Corporate Law section of the current issue of The Best Lawyers In America.