Scott M. Baach
direct dial: (908) 252-4269
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- E-Commerce & Information Technology
- Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Devices
- New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- J.D., cum laude, 1997
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- M.B.A., 1996
- University of Arizona
- B.S., cum laude, 1988
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Health & Hospital Law Section
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Bernards Township Chamber of Commerce
- "Department of Children and Families Adopts Emergency Environmental Regulations: Compliance Obligations for Child Care Center Operators " Environmental Law Alert, November 2006
- "Network Your Way in the Door ... ," Somerset Business, September 2006
- "Door Opens for Increased Access to Health Care Purchasers ," Medical Device Manufacturing Law Alert, August 2002
- "New State Law Confirms and Broadens Required Attorney General and Court Review of New Jersey Non-Profit Hospital Transactions ," Health Care Law Alert, November 2000
- Breakfast Seminar, "Selling Your Business: Prepare Now For What Lies Ahead ," New Jersey Office of Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, March 21, 2007
- Breakfast Seminar, "How New Regulations Adopted By the Department of Children and Families Impact New Jersey Child Care Center Operators," Law Offices of Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Bridgewater, New Jersey, December 14, 2006
Scott M. Baach, Of Counsel to the firm, is a business law attorney who has developed a niche for representing clients in the health care and life science industries, including medical device manufacturers and suppliers, healthcare technology companies, pharmaceutical companies and related research entities, as well as hospitals and health systems.
On behalf of these clients, Scott works on a variety of transactional, regulatory and compliance matters. His transactional practice includes general contract drafting and analysis, as well as structuring and negotiating mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other strategic alliances. Scott also counsels his health care clients on fraud and abuse rules, reimbursement matters, marketing and sales regulations and other corporate compliance and related regulatory issues.
A portion of Scott’s practice is also devoted to helping entrepreneurs, closely-held businesses and small to mid-size companies to achieve their day-to-day, as well as long-term business objectives. He assists these clients with business formation, strategic planning, daily operational issues, regulatory and ongoing contractual matters.
Before joining Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Scott spent a decade in the health care field, where he held various managerial positions in the areas of finance and administration. It was in these positions that Scott learned the importance of balancing an organization’s business and operational goals against the particular business or legal risks involved. As an advisor to his clients, Scott applies this experience by focusing on the legal aspects of a particular matter within the larger context of the business objective to be achieved.