William J. Beneduce
direct dial: (908) 252-4292
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- District of New Jersey
- Rutgers School of Law - Newark
- J.D., 2003
- University of Delaware
- B.A., Criminal Justice, 2000
- American Bar Association
- Section on Environment, Energy and Resources
- Justice Stewart G. Pollock
- Environmental American Inn of Court
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Environmental Law Section
- William J. Beneduce Discusses Impact of OPRA on Licensed Site Remediation Professionals
- Twenty-Seven Norris McLaughlin Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
- "Environmental Due Diligence issues after the New Jersey Site Remediation Reform Act," Licensed Site Remediation Professional Association, Risk Management & Loss Prevention Committee, Saddle Brook, NJ, October 16, 2013
- "Underground Storage Tanks: NJDEP's Regulatory Training," Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, September 10, 2013
- "The Potential Impact of New Jersey's Open Public Records Act on Licensed Site Remediation Professionals," Licensed Site Remediation Professional Association, Risk Management & Loss Prevention Committee, East Windsor, NJ, July 11, 2013
- Co-Author, "New Jersey Environmental Law Handbook," Bernan Press, March 2014
- Due Diligence Is More Difficult Under N.J. Site Remediation Reform ActNew Jersey Law Journal, May 13, 2013
- "Financial Impact of Remedial Action Permits," New Jersey Law Journal, July 30, 2012
- "Offsite Access Under the Site Remediation Reform Act," Commerce, Spring 2011
- "Brownfields Redevelopment: Boom or Bust in New Jersey?", New Jersey Law Journal, March 14, 2011
William J. Beneduce, an associate with the firm, focuses his practice on all facets of environmental law, including compliance, regulation and litigation.
Bill has handled complex environmental matters for clients in New Jersey, New York and abroad. He is experienced in navigating his clients through state and federal environmental regulatory schemes, including air and water pollution, urban redevelopment, CERCLA, RCRA, OSHA, New Jersey's Spill Act, Site Remediation Reform Act, ISRA, among many others. He also assists with environmental due diligence, Brownfields redevelopment, and cost recovery actions in New Jersey and New York.
Bill works with a variety of clients, including real estate developers, manufacturers and industrial companies on a daily basis, advising them on environmental laws that address underground storage tanks, hazardous waste and materials, insurance coverage, and permitting. His objective is to facilitate his clients’ compliance with these laws so that they may resolve their land issues and achieve their intended goals.
A significant portion of Bill’s practice is dedicated to aiding clients in site remediation so that they are able to complete pending real estate transactions.
Prior to joining Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Bill was a legal intern at the Rutgers Environmental Law Clinic from 2002-2003.