Jeffrey M. Casaletto
direct dial: (908) 252-4262
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- District of New Jersey
- Pace Law School
- J.D., cum laude, 2001
- Pennsylvania State University
- M. Eng., Environmental Engineering, 1998
- B.S., Civil Engineering, 1996
- American Bar Association
- Environment, Energy and Resources
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Lehigh Valley Land Recycling Initiative Advisory Committee
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Environment and Energy Task Force
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus to Present Environmental Seminar
- Twenty-Seven Norris McLaughlin Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Norris McLaughlin Represents Lombard Risk $4.25 Million Acquisition of SOFGEN Regulatory Reporting Business
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Names Four New Members
- Jeffrey M. Casaletto to Speak at 2011 Lehigh Valley Energy and Environment Conference and Expo
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Represents Dielmann-Haniel in $61 Million Deal
- Thirty Norris McLaughlin Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
- "Brownfields to gold mines? Possible - but be careful," Lehigh Valley Business, September 30, 2013
- "The New Dynamic of Site Remediation in N.J.," New Jersey Law Journal, March 4, 2013
- Lehigh Valley Legal Blog
- Don't Cry Over Spilled Oil
- 2011 Lehigh Valley Energy and Environment Conference and Expo
- "Don't Cry Over Spilled Oil: Understanding Environmental Risks Can Create Opportunities," September 25, 2013
- "Legal Aspects of Your Waste Management Strategy," Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Energy & Environment Conference & Expo., October 12, 2011, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- "Environmental Site Remediation: LSRP vs. Environmental Consultant - Issues to Consider When Making the Decision," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, October 6, 2010
- "Environmental Site Remediation: LSRP vs. Environmental Consultant - Issues to Consider When Making the Decision," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, September 21, 2010
- "Green Revolution and Evolution," Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Energy & Environment Conference & Expo., September 16, 2010 Breinigville, Pennsylvania
- Top Environmental Issues Facing the Business Community, March 10, 2010, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Jeffrey M. Casaletto, a member of the firm, practices in the Environmental Law Group.
Jeff represents and counsels clients in a wide range of industries, including commercial and residential developers, chemical and industrial manufacturers, and commercial business owners. He maintains a result-oriented approach to each environmental issue as a means of achieving a client's goals and objectives. He has assisted and continues to assist clients in resolving issues related to site remediation, due diligence, solid and hazardous waste disposal, regulatory compliance, permitting, Brownfields redevelopment, and cleanup cost recovery.
The practice of environmental law often involves unique technical issues that require the expertise and advice of technical consultants. Jeff's environmental engineering background enables him to better communicate and problem solve with environmental consultants and to apply a team approach to all issues, legal and technical. Jeff's ability to understand the technical aspects of his environmental matters provides clients with an opportunity to efficiently resolve their environmental issues.
Jeff has experience handling matters involving CERCLA, RCRA, EPCRA, and OPA. He has negotiated removal orders, EPCRA/OPA settlements and cost recovery for removal and remedial actions.
Prior to joining Norris McLaughlin, Jeff was Assistant Regional Counsel, and the 2002 Michael F. Vaccaro Honors Fellowship Attorney, at the U.S. EPA Region III where he focused on Superfund matters. Prior to EPA Region III, Jeff was a judiciary law clerk for the Honorable Vincent LeBlon and the Honorable Dennis V. Nieves in Middlesex County, New Jersey. While attending law school, he was a legal intern at the Pace Environmental Litigation Clinic, and for the Environmental Defense Section of the U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division.
Jeff served as an elected councilman for the Borough of Stockton, New Jersey. During his term of service, he was also appointed by Mayor Stephen Giocondo to the Stockton Planning Board as Council Liaison and to several committees for the community of Stockton, including finance, personnel, and water and sewer.