Robert C. Gabrielski
direct dial: (908) 252-4220
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- E-Commerce & Information Technology
- Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits
- International Business and Tax Planning
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Devices
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of California
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York University School of Law
- LL.M., in Taxation, 1984
- Golden Gate University School of Law
- J.D., 1981
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- B.A., 1977
- State Bar of California
- Taxation, Business Law & Intellectual Property Sections
- New Jersey State Chamber of Commerce
- International Trade Committee
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Names Two New Management Committee Members
- Norris McLaughlin Represents Lombard Risk $4.25 Million Acquisition of SOFGEN Regulatory Reporting Business
- "Business Without Borders - An International Business and Tax Planning Blog", April 2010 to Present
- "Selling Your Business: Do Your Due Diligence Before Due Diligence," M&A Liquidity Advisor Newsletter, Volume 2, Issue 5, September 2012
- "New Jersey Madoff Victims Receive State Income Tax Refunds," Tax Law Alert, November 2011
- Featured, "Many New Jersey Firms Find Success and Growth Through Mergers & Acquistions," COMMERCE Magazine, March 2010
- "The Long Arm of the Law: Legal Firms Reach Across the Water," Somerset Business, July 2007
- "The Long Arm of Lanco," Tax Law Alert, October 2006
- "Off-Shore Unreported Income Issues: Protecting Against Criminal and Civil Liability In Today's Expanding Enforcement Environment," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Bridgewater, New Jersey, June 12, 2012
- "Off-Shore Unreported Income Issues: Protecting Against Criminal and Civil Liability In Today's Expanding Enforcement Environment," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Bridgewater, New Jersey, February 8, 2012
- "Best Practices For The Growing Business," NM&M Client Seminar, June 3, 2010
- "Operational, Transitional and Exit Strategies for Closely-Held & Entrepreneurial Business Owners," Raritan Valley Country Club, Bridgewater, New Jersey, January 17, 2007
Robert C. Gabrielski, a member of the firm and Chair of its Business Law and International Business and Tax Planning Groups, devotes his practice to business and internal transactions, e-commerce and taxation.
Bob has over 25 years of experience in advising both corporate and entrepreneurial businesses on such matters as business and tax planning, corporate acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations, both domestically and internationally. He is also instrumental from inception of the idea to the exit strategy for entrepreneurs and closely-held businesses, particularly in the technology and health care fields.
Bob also counsels clients and acts as a discussion partner with business owners and executives with respect to e-commerce, technology development, health care, and commercialization of intellectual property. He regularly structures and negotiates technology licensing and development agreement and corporate partnering agreements.
Some recent matters include:
- Representation of United Kingdom investment bankers in connection with the acquisition and consolidation of United States coal mines and processing facilities, which were consolidated and listed on the London AIM Exchange.
- Representation of entrepreneurs in the formation, development and growth of an institutional pharmacy business, including the exit strategy and ultimate sale for $40 million.
- Representation of stockholders in connection with the negotiation and sale of a technology development and manufacturing company to a public company for $45 million.
- Representation of U.S. subsidiary of German technology development and manufacturing company of commercial food processing equipment in connection with its U.S. operations and its acquisition of U.S. target companies.
- Representation of U.S. hospice provider and internet-based pharmacy company from formation, strategic business guidance, the raising of capital and negotiation of various provider agreements.
- Representation of U.S. subsidiary of United Kingdom company in connection with its U.S. acquisition of commercial safety testing companies.
In 2010, Bob launched a blog entitled, "Business Without Borders: An International Business Blog," located at www.bizwithoutborders.com. The blog is a collaborative effort of the attorneys in the Norris McLaughlin & Marcus International Business and Tax Planning Group. The International Business and Tax Planning Group embodies an experienced group of skilled attorneys offering a full range of legal services to its foreign and domestic clients who are engaged in international commerce. Likewise, the blog addresses current issues, changes in the law and other topics from a variety of legal disciplines, including, but not limited to, business, mergers and acquisitions, taxation, labor and employment, immigration, and intellectual property. The blog also includes guest bloggers from the international business world, who have a particular expertise on a subject matter, country, treaty or industry.
Back to Top