Jeffrey S. Stewart
direct dial: (484) 765-2258
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law
- J.D., 2001
- Syracuse University
- B.A., magna cum laude, 1995
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Labor & Employment Group Continues to Host Human Resources Lunch and Learn Series in 2014
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus to Host Celebrity Bartending Fundraiser
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Labor & Employment Group to Host Human Resources Seminar
- Jeffrey S. Stewart to Present Forum on Church Mergers and Consolidations
- Two Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Attorneys Named in Forty Under 40
- Four Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Attorneys Named Among Pennsylvania Rising Stars
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Labor & Employment Group to Host Human Resources Lunch & Learn Series
- Hlavac & Stewart Present at Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers Human Resources Conference
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Labor & Employment Group Presents Employment Law Update
- Smith and Stewart to Participate in 2011 PASSA Owners/Managers Conference & Annual Meeting
- Two Tallman, Hudders & Sorrentino Attorneys Recognized by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- "Employer Beware: The Art of Conducting an Employment Interview," Lehigh Valley Woman, February/March 2013
- Lehigh Valley Legal Blog
- Curious about how much your co-worker makes? Just ask them!
- The NLRB's True Colors
- NBA Shutdown Highlights Collective Bargaining Issues
- NLRB Announces New Requirement for Private-Sector Employers to Post an "Employee Rights Notice"
- "PA Smokers Vulnerable to Discrimination," Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal, April 19, 2010
- "The Independent Contractor Crackdown," Tallman Hudders & Sorrentino Labor & Employment Law Alert, April 2010
- "Third Circuit Determines That McDonnell Douglas Burden-Shifting Framework Still Applies To Age Discrimination Claims," Tallman Hudders & Sorrentino Labor & Employment Law Alert, February 2010
- "Employment Law Update in Pennsylvania," Lorman Education Services, Allentown, PA, March 19, 2014
- "Employment Law on Television and in the Movies," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Allentown, PA, November 13, 2013
- "The Impact of the National Labor Relations Board on Non-Union Employers," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Allentown, PA, October 16, 2013
- "2012-2013 Labor and Employment Law Legal Update," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Allentown, PA, September 18, 2013
- "Navigating the Hiring Process," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Allentown, PA, June 19, 2013
- "How to Properly Conduct a Workplace Investigation," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Allentown, PA, May 22, 2013
- "Understanding Workplace Violence and Bullying," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Allentown, PA, April 17, 2013
- "Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation: What Do We Do?", Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Allentown, PA, June 20, 2012
- "FMLA Pitfalls," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Allentown, PA, May 30, 2012
- "Navigating the ADA's Accommodation Requests," Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, Allentown, PA, April 25, 2012
- Human Resources 2011 Lunch & Learn Series: Recent Labor and Employment Law Developments
- Attorneys Present "Employment Law from A to Z in Pennsylvania"
- Tallman Hudders & Sorrentino Labor & Employment Attorneys to Present at Medical Conference
Jeffrey S. Stewart is a member of the firm and focuses his practice on labor and employment law.
Jeff represents management and tries cases before the National Labor Relations Board and the Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board. He handles unfair labor practice charges, unit clarification hearings, and grievance arbitrations. He counsels employers in union avoidance and has helped his clients successfully defeat union representation elections. Jeff serves as lead negotiator during collective bargaining and advises his clients on all aspects of strikes, lockouts, and mass picketing. In addition to his private-sector clients, Jeff represents municipalities with respect to their labor unions. He counsels clients about non-compete agreements, sexual harassment investigations, FLSA compliance, unemployment compensation, and drafting employment policies and handbooks.
Jeff has taught numerous seminars on labor and employment law in the Lehigh Valley as well as Labor & Employment Law courses for DeSales University and Moravian College. He is a member of the board of directors of the Lehigh Valley Chapter of the Society of Human Resource Management and chair of its Legislative Committee.
In addition to his labor law experience, Jeff has handled church mergers, gaining experience in the area both as an attorney and as a church leader. He has guided churches through many sensitive areas, including identifying the need to merge, combining church leaderships, dealing with each congregation’s unique attachment to its history, and, finally, the coming together of the two congregations. Jeff is actively involved in his church, serving as the president of its council multiple times and as co-chair of its building committee.
He has been selected for inclusion in the Employment and Labor section of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers—Rising Stars Edition. Only 2.5% of Pennsylvania attorneys are given this distinction. He was honored in 2013 as one of the Forty Under 40 in Lehigh Valley Business, which recognizes young professionals who exhibit talent and promise and have a well-documented track record of achievements in business.