Scott B. Allinson
direct dial: (484) 765-2222
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit
- American University Washington College of Law
- J.D., 1986
- Lehigh University
- B.A., magna cum laude, 1983
- President's Council of DeSales University
- KidsPeace, Board of Advisors Chair
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Pennsylvania Economic Development Association, Member
- Andre Reed Foundation, Founding Board Member
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Launches Pennsylvania Economic Development Law Blog
- Scott B. Allinson and S. Graham Simmons Re-Appointed as Solicitor for Northampton County Gaming Revenue and Economic Redevelopment Authority
- Norris McLaughlin Launches Economic Development Law Practice Group
- Scott B. Allinson Selected as Solicitor for Northampton County's Higher Education Authority and General Purpose Authority
- Economic Development Law Blog
- The Lehigh Valley does it again!
- To Work as a Solo Entrepreneur
- Understanding the KOEZ Tax Zone Designation
- Economic Development Projects in Easton: Downtown Easton Preparing for Multiple Redevelopment Projects
- Pennsylvania's Right-to-Know Law Update: Recent Developments Highlight Tensions in Right-to-Know Law
- City Revitalization and Improvement Zones: State Senators Propose 13 Additional CRIZ Designations and Additional Pilot Programs
- Neighborhood Improvement Zones & City Revitalization Zones: Revitalizing Cities & Promoting Economic Development
- Tax Increment Financing in Areas Deemed Blighted
- Lehigh Valley Legal Blog
- State Senators Propose 13 Additional CRIZ Designations and Additional Pilot Programs
- Revitalizing Cities and Promoting Economic Development
- City of Bethlehem Awarded 2014 CRIZ Designation to Develop Bethlehem Steel Property
- NMM and the New Market Tax Credit Program
- Lehigh Valley Economic Growth Trends: A Robust Hiring
- The Pennsylvania Right to Know Act
- Minority Shareholders Should Not Be Overlooked
- Lehigh County in Top Ten for Future Growth and Investment
- Lehigh Valley Celebrates 50 Years of Economic Development
- Pennsylvania's Right-to-Know Law Continues to Change
- Easton's Main Street Initiative
- What Are Your Benefits of Doing Business in Easton and Bethlehem?
- "Pennsylvania's Right-to-Know Law Update: Recent Developments Highlight Tensions in Right-to-Know Law," Litigation Law Alert, February 2014
- "Pennsylvania's Public Utility Commission Finalizes Settlement Over Snowstorm Outages: Terms of Settlement Highlight Tensions in Right-to-Know Law," Litigation Law Alert, January 2014
- Interviewed, "Township Official Calls Gaming Grant Review Process 'Dog and Pony Show,'" Hellertown-Lower Saucon Patch, December 2, 2011
- Interviewed, "Hellertown Denied Second Shot at Gaming Grant," Hellertown-Lower Saucon Patch, November 29, 2011
- Quoted, "Chrin's Route 33 Plan Could Bring $414M in New Development," Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal, August 1, 2011
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Proud to Sponsor the GLVCC Event Entitled "Bi-State Congressional Cooperation - How Can We Best Work Togther?"
- "RED FLAG RULES: New Federal Mandate to Protect and Mitigate Identity Theft," KNBT, October 1, 2009
Scott Allinson, a member of the firm, concentrates his practice in three areas: economic development law, business law and construction law.
Scott serves as Chair of the Economic Development Practice Group and is experienced in all facets of economic development, including Neighborhood Improvement Zone (“NIZ”) financing transactions, tax increment financing transactions (“TIF”), and public-private partnerships. He serves as Solicitor to the Northampton County Gaming Revenue and Economic Redevelopment Authority, the Northampton County General Purpose Authority, and the Northampton County Higher Education Authority. Scott also serves as solicitor to Lehigh’s Economic Advancement Project, Northampton County New Jobs Corporation, Bethlehem Economic Development Corporation, Lehigh Valley Regional Loan Pool, and Lehigh County Industrial Development Authority. He served for many years as Solicitor to the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation and the Northampton County Industrial Development Authority.
A portion of Scott’s practice is devoted to helping entrepreneurs, closely-held businesses and small to mid-size companies achieve their day-to-day, as well as long-term, business objectives. He assists these clients with business formation, strategic planning, daily operational issues, regulatory matters and ongoing contractual matters. He also counsels clients through mediating disputes and provides guidance through the litigation process when necessary.
Scott’s construction practice focuses on litigation, mechanic’s lien claims, construction defects, payment bond claims, general and subcontractor representation, and specialized litigation, arbitration and mediation concerning public construction projects. He previously served as Solicitor to the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
Scott is active in the Lehigh Valley Community and currently serves as Chair of the KidsPeace Board of Advisors.