David C. Roberts
direct dial: (908) 252-4205
PDF of Biography
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- Rutgers School of Law - Newark
- J.D., summa cum laude, 1991
- Tischler Scholar, 1990
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- B. S., summa cum laude, 1988
- Member, Order of the Coif
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Monmouth County Bar Association
- Shareholder Dispute NJ Blog
- Hiring a Business Valuation Expert in Potential Shareholder Dispute Litigation is Not a Do-It-Yourself Proposition
- Things To Consider In Assessing a Pre-Litigation Offer to Buy Your Chares in Shareholde Dipsute Litigation
- NJ Shareholde Dispute Litigation - Looking Out for Your Own Interests
- Injunctions in Shareholder Dispute Litigation
- The Discovery Process In Shareholder Dispute Litigation
- "Hidden Danagers of Representing Multi-Owner Businesses: Legal Pitfalls Accountants Must Avoid," Bridgewater, New Jersey, October 27, 2010
David C. Roberts, a member of the firm, devotes his practice to handling complex commercial litigation matters, such as fraud, fraudulent transfers, trade secret, restrictive covenant litigation, employment litigation, environmental matters, and insurance coverage litigation.
His practice has a particular emphasis on partnership and shareholder disputes (including oppression and dissenter’s rights cases) with a focus on attempting to resolve matters through mediation, if such an approach fits within client’s goals and objectives. In 2007, Dave launched the Shareholder Dispute NJ blog, www.shareholderdisputenj.com, which addresses minority shareholder disputes in New Jersey. In addition, he writes and lectures extensively on this topic.
Dave has tried several cases involving these and other issues, and also has extensive appellate experience. In the area of employment litigation, he has handled cases on discrimination and sexual harassment, including multiple cases involving same-sex sexual harassment.
Dave has represented a number of notable clients in a variety of industries, including ICAP Financial Services. He also serves as outside general counsel to TIFA International (aquaculture industry) and Old Bridge Chemicals and Madison Industries (animal feed additive industry).
Additionally, Dave is one of the founders and a former Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of the Monmouth Beach Education Foundation, and is a current member of the Monmouth Beach Board of Education.