Ashley E. Edwards is an Associate in the Matrimonial & Family Law Group.
Ashley represents clients in all aspects of matrimonial and family law, including divorce litigation and mediation, post-judgment litigation, custody and parenting time issues, alimony and child support, pre-nuptial agreements, matrimonial settlement agreements, domestic violence, and domestic partnership matters.
Prior to entering private practice, Ashley served as the Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Anthony F. Picheca, Jr., J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Division, Somerset County.
At Rutgers University School of Law, Ashley received The Herman J. Finn Legal Ethics Award and the Dean’s Pro Bono Publico Award, recognizing 100+ hours of pro bono service. She also served as a research assistant to professor Donald Joseph and was recognized for research contributions within Chapter 7 of The Pennsylvania Ethics Handbook, 4th Edition.
While pursuing her law degree, Ashley provided legal services to victims of Hurricane Sandy through Rutgers’ Alternative Spring Break Initiative and Volunteer Lawyers For Justice. She has also conducted research and written briefs and memoranda for the Office of the Public Defender, Camden and Ocean counties.
- Custody and Parenting Time Implications for Same-Sex Couples
- Payors Beware: Gratuitous Contributions to Children May Become Enforceable Obligations under Principles of Equitable Estoppel and Waiver
- Seeking Child Support Reimbursement from Biological Fathers
- Equitable Distribution and the Intentional Dissipation of Marital Assets
- The Effect of Child Drug Addiction on Emancipation