Richard Brent Somach, a Member of the firm, focuses his practice on real estate, commercial law, and creditors’ remedies, representing real estate development companies, shopping centers, and local banks.
In the banking area, Rich assists clients with their transactional, litigation, and operational needs, and handles collections, foreclosures, and complex commercial workouts.
Rich has represented real estate owners, developers, and investors in a broad range of real estate transactions, including zoning matters, residential subdivisions, and shopping center development.
As a licensed title insurance agent, Rich manages the title insurance and settlement company ABE Settlement Services to creatively serve client needs. He currently serves as legal counsel to the Lehigh Valley Association of REALTORS®.
As Assistant Lehigh County Solicitor, Rich advises the Sheriff’s Office, the Tax Assessment Office, and the Tax Claim Bureau, and he frequently writes and lectures on real estate matters, sheriff’s sales, and real estate tax sales. He moderated “Sheriff’s Sales in Pennsylvania” and authored “Sheriff’s Sales and Real Estate Tax Sales” for A Day on Real Estate, sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. He has presented two lectures on mortgage foreclosures at the annual Real Estate Institute Program, “Issues in Commercial Mortgage Foreclosure” and “Issues in Residential Mortgage Foreclosure.”
Active in many community organizations, Rich is a past president of the Salisbury Township School Board. He is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Lehigh County Bar Association, where he served as President in 1992.
Rich collects antique automobiles and represents several valuable collections, as well as many local automobile and motorcycle dealerships.
- Foreclosure Notice Amended in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Deficiency Judgment Act Amended
- Rich Somach to Speak at CREW Presentation
- Richard B. Somach Presented at Breakfast Seminar
- “A Day on Real Estate – East”
- Quoted, “Norris McLaughlin and Marcus among project winners,” Reading Eagle Business Weekly, November 8, 2016
- Quoted”Lower Macungie plans to stop newspapers, other publications that become litter,” WFMZ.com, March 20, 2015
- Quoted, “Proposed West End Allentown convenience store faces opposition from tavern owner,” WFMZ.com, November 12, 2013
- Quoted, “Hamilton Crossings clears another hurdle in Lower Macungie,” WFMZ.com, November 8, 2013
- Quoted, “Hamilton Crossings moving forward,” WFMZ.com, October 23, 2013
- Quoted, “Storm brewing over PPL plans to cut trees beneath power lines in Lower Macungie,” WFMZ.com, February 22, 2013
- Quoted, “Mystery owner plans private driving course for classic cars in Allentown,” WFMZ.com, February 13, 2013
- Quoted, “Allentown classic car owner proposes driving track at former drive-in theater,” The Morning Call, February 12, 2013
- “Foreclosure Delays Require Creative Solutions,” WithumSmith + Brown, P.C. Newsletter, November 2010
- “Liens and Tax Sales,” Pennsylvania Tax Service, 1987
- “What’s on Second? Sophisticated Issues in Lien Divestiture & Priority,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Mechanicsburg, PA, March 24, 2014
- Richard B. Somach Presented at Breakfast Seminar, March 12, 2013
- “Smith and Somach Present Distressed Properties Seminar to Lehigh Valley REALTORS®,” February 15, 2012
- “Somach to Speak at the Pennsylvania Bar Institue’s “A Day on Real Estate – East“
- Smith and Somach Present Distressed Properties Seminar to Lehigh Valley REALTORS®, February 3, 2012
- Richard B. Somach Guest Speaker for Lehigh Valley Association of Realtors, July 15, 2010
- Moderator, “Sheriff’s Sales in Pennsylvania,” A Day on Real Estate, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Author, “Sheriff’s Sales and Real Estate Tax Sales,” A Day on Real Estate, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Lecturer, “Issues in Commercial Mortgage Foreclosure,” Annual Real Estate Institute Program
- Lecturer, “Issues in Residential Mortgage Foreclosure,” Annual Real Estate Institute Program