The law firm Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A., is pleased to announce that attorneys David L. Adelson, David N. Vozza, and Svetlana (Lana) Ros, Members of the firm’s Healthcare Practice Group, have become counsel to the following medical societies in New York. The firm is proud and honored to have been named Legal Counsel to:
- The American Academy of Pediatrics Chapter #1 NY
- The Medical Societies of the Counties of Oneida, Herkimer, Madison, Chenango, Oswego, Cayuga, and St. Lawrence
- The Onondaga County Medical Society
Each agreement has a two-year term, during which the firm will be responsible for the day-to-day legal representation of the societies themselves, as well as handling all member questions and inquiries. The firm’s wide array of legal specialties will enable it to handle not only healthcare law issues, but other legal issues as needed. Adelson, Vozza, and Ros will also attend society functions, write articles, provide lectures, and generally support the societies and their members in their endeavors.
Adelson, Vozza, and Ros have extensive experience in healthcare law and litigation. They have represented numerous Medical Societies for many years and continue to represent a wide array of healthcare professionals and medical practices. Their practice includes administrative legal matters and health law litigation in New York and New Jersey.
Adelson, Vozza, and Ros concentrate in the following Healthcare specialty areas:
- Professional Licensing, Discipline, and Defense before State Licensing Agencies, including OPMC and OPD
- Commercial Insurance Investigations and Audits
- Fraud and abuse issues, including DOJ investigations
- Audit refund requests (Private, Medicaid, and Medicare)
- HHS Office of Civil Rights Investigations and Actions
- HIPAA and HITECH compliance
- CMS Investigations and Audits
- DEA Investigations and Actions
- Employment counseling and litigation
- IPRO inquiries
- Medical Staff Actions and Hospital Privilege Issues, including suspension and termination hearings
- RAC audits, OIG matters, MACRA, and MIPS
Norris McLaughlin & Marcus is a full-service, mid-sized, regional law firm with 140+ attorneys serving the legal needs of businesses and families in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, uniquely positioned to represent Fortune 500 corporations, middle-market companies, and individuals since 1953.